Finally MUA bring out their first intense coloured lip liners! And if you use their intense coloured eyeliners you know how creamy and strong the payoff is on them- and the lip liners live up to the eyeliners for sure, you will love them! There are four shades ranging from a soft pink to a deep plum shade which match most MUA lipstick shades in the range or in some cases like myself you can use these shades as lipsticks which I am a big fan of using lip liners as lipsticks for precision and stay put power and they all
come with a handy sharpener on the lid.
And because we are so good to our MUA fans you have the chance to *WIN* all four shades before they are due out. To take part in the competition all you have to do is follow this blog via Google Friend Connect and at the bottom of my blog post, tell me what you would use the new lip liners for! To outline your lips? Or use them as a lipstick or maybe for something else? And finally which is your favourite shade? The best comment will be picked and the winner be announced on the 23rd July 2012. Competition closes midnight on the 22nd July 2012.
THIS NOW APPLIES TO ALL RESIDENTS!
Applying MUA intense lip liners is not a tough task, if you know which colours suit you the best and how to apply the lip liner. So get to know the tricks and tips of lip liner from this blog on my lip liner tips.
Why use a lip liner?
Lip liner is meant to create a line, a border for the lips. You must have experienced smudging and spreading of lipstick above and below your lips so the lip liner gives an outline to your lips, which prevents MUA’s lipsticks from bleeding. Lip liner also helps to keep the lipstick on the lips for a longer time. Besides all these uses, the main advantage of lip liner is that it gives the lips a concrete shape, which makes them stand out and look full.
Using MUA’s lip liners
The advantages of MUA’s lip liner is that you can sharpen the pencil whenever you want and that's why there is no danger of bacteria, and you also get a fine point every time, which is not possible in case of mechanical lip liner. When choosing the colour of the lip liner, remember that lip liner should match the colour of the lipstick. One darker is okay, but it should never be dark than that and nor should it be lighter than the lipstick. The reasons are obvious, if the lip liner is fainter than the lipstick, it won't be seen, which means it will be useless. And if it is darker than the lipstick, only a border of lip liner will be seen on your lips. If you are not sure which colour to buy or if you are not getting the same shade as the lipstick, go for the nude shades. It will be the safest as it will perform the same job as other lip liners but without imparting any colour.
· First of all clean your lips well, remove any signs of lip balm or gloss.
· Be sure that the pencil is sharp enough.
· In case it becomes very pointed, do not try breaking the point! Just rub it onto a tissue.
· To start with, make a dot in centre of your upper as well as lower lip. In the same way, make a few more dots on the entire lips, keep a distance between them.
· Start joining the dots one by one, with a firm hand. Continue till the edge of the lips.
· Now wait for a second and carefully check in the mirror if any space is left, if you notice any space, fill it with light strokes.
· You can apply your favourite MUA lipstick now. See to it that the lip liner and lipstick look smooth.
· If your lips are thinner, apply very little lip liner, on the lip line as well as a bit above your original lip line.
· To make the lips smaller, apply a bit darker colour than your lipstick and also apply a bit of foundation before applying the lip liner. Hope these lip liner tricks and tips help you to have irresistible lips!
NEW Intense Coloured Lip Liner swatches:
Pink Me Up
When can I purchase MUA’s NEW Intense Lip Liners?
The lip liners will be available on the 1st of August in selected Superdrug stores or online www.muastore.co.uk all £1 each.
Don't forget to take part in this blog giveaway!