The Make-up Look I created on a friend's Wedding- Classic Hollywood Look
As its Wedding season I thought it would be perfect timing to create a blog post on wedding make-up ideas on a budget with MUA. With the changing trends of the bridal look, the wedding make up trends change each season. The makeup techniques have completely changed and subtle and lighter shades of cosmetics are preferred over darker tones (unless you desire darker tones for your big day) It’s every girl’s desire to look gorgeous on her wedding day.
The trendy and simple look is a must have for this wedding season and here are some simple wedding make up looks and tips to suit your theme, skin tone and favourite colours with MUA...
A classic red lip and thick black eyeliner takes the look from "everyday" to "special occasion."
Shade 13 Lipstick- £1
Extreme felt eyeliner- £2
"Classic bride" look. The makeup is natural and pretty—but still bold enough to pop in photos.
Innocence Trio eyeshadow Set- £2.50
Plumping Lip gloss in 'Buff'- £2
A modern pinup look retro winged cat-eye liner, and a bright pop of pink-red lipstick. If you're going to be wearing a 1950s-inspired tea-length gown, this is the way to go.
3 in 1 Extreme Contour eyeliner in 'Black' -£1.50
Shade 7 Lipstick- £1
Another take on the modern beehive, this time paired with wine-coloured lips and silver soft eye shadow—a sophisticated look that would work perfectly at a black tie affair in a swanky ballroom.
Starry Night Eye Shadow Palette- £4
Shade 11- £1
Feminine berry-stained lips and rosy-pink cheeks—it's a fresh, romantic look I would recommend to any bride getting married outdoors.
Extreme Curl Mascara- £2
Love Hearts Lip balms (Limited Edition) in 'Sweet Kiss'- £2
Karla’s Bridal Makeup Tips:
· Make-up with sheen is very pretty but don't get carried away. Reflective products look pretty in person but when the flashes go off, the shine is doubled or tripled.
· Remember, you can do a slightly subtler version of make-up for the ceremony and the photos and then add a great twinkly gloss or a slightly brighter lipstick for your reception or party.
· If you are wearing a veil, your make-up will need to be slightly stronger to compensate for it. But also keep in mind that as you walk down the aisle, you don't want it sticking to your lips! Make sure someone helps you position the fabric of the veil so you don't have a make-up stain on it for the rest of the day.
· Go for make-up that is as long lasting as possible. Waterproof mascara is always a good plan as most brides end up crying on their special day.
· Tuck a tissue down the bust line of your dress or up your sleeve or in your bag... just in case!
I hope this helps those Brides to be or any make-up artists wanting to create looks with MUA on a Budget. Keep an eye out for a You Tube Bridal Make-up video :)
All MUA Cosmetics can be purchased from selected Superdrug stores or online www.muastore.co.uk